Free IELTS listening test 2 Section 2
Note: all of the question types, timings and pauses between recordings in this free online IELTS listening test are EXACTLY what you can expect in the IELTS test. Our free online material has been designed to emulate the IELTS test as accurately as possible in every aspect.
Looking for even more listening practice tests? Our online course has over 10 hours of recordings, and your answers are automatically marked and graded by our online system.
We strongly recommend that you do not pause the recording during this practice test – the exact timing you will have in the IELTS test is already built in, so pausing the recording will not give you an accurate idea of your level.
When you have finished the test, take a note of the number of correct answers you got and move on to Section 3.
Select the correct answers A-C.
11. Who is the speaker addressing?
A. Property agents
B. People selling houses
C. People in the countryside
D. People buying second homes
12. Rental property in the city…
A. is very easy to find
B. is becoming more difficult to find
C. is an investment opportunity
D. is often the only option
13. Lisa Brown believes…
A. most people will own their own home at some time
B. there is a psychological factor involved in owning your own home
C. fewer people are interested in owning a house
D. most young people need a deposit before they can buy a house.
14. Property in the countryside is becoming more popular because…
A. people want to get away from the city
B. some parts of the city are becoming overcrowded
C. the concept of the home office means that some people don’t need to go into work
D. public transport is beginning to serve outlying areas.
15. What kind of properties does the speaker specialise in?
C. First homes
Questions 16 to 20
Answer the following questions USING NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER
16. What end of the market are the properties?
Show answer(the) cheaper (end)
17. What does the speaker compare buying houses with?
Show answer(having a) pension(s)
18. What kind of equity can be the result of buying a property when the market is high?
19. How does she describe the feeling of successful property investment?
Show answer(Enormously) satisfying
20. How can you ask the speaker a question?
Show answerRaise (your / a) hand
Show All correct answers
Once you have finished, check your answers then move on to Section 3.