Free IELTS listening test 3 Section 2
Note: all of the question types, timings and pauses between recordings in this free online IELTS listening test are EXACTLY what you can expect in the IELTS test. Our free online material has been designed to emulate the IELTS test as accurately as possible in every aspect.
Looking for even more listening practice tests? Our online course has over 10 hours of recordings, and your answers are automatically marked and graded by our online system.
We strongly recommend that you do not pause the recording during this practice test – the exact timing you will have in the IELTS test is already built in, so pausing the recording will not give you an accurate idea of your level.
When you have finished the test, take a note of the number of correct answers you got and move on to Section 3.
Questions 11- 15. Answer the questions using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS.
11. Whose lifestyle is the speaker talking about?
Show answerWomen / Women’s
12. Which two examples of goods have now become thought of as necessities?
Show answerDishwashers and microwaves (again, both words are needed for the correct answer)
13. In addition to work, what have these goods given us more time for?
Show answerLeisure pursuits
14. What do richer societies become?
Show answer(More) demanding
15. What does the ‘race of acquisition’ encourage us to buy?
Show answerUnnecessary goods
Questions 16 to 20
Answer the following questions by selecting the correct letter A to C.
- Who is mostly responsible for creating the demand for new products?
- Wealthy, older people
- Why should we be concerned with the increasing number of unnecessary appliances?
- The cost
- The environment
- The pace of technology
- What other risk does the speaker refer to?
- A loss of traditional skills
- Health factors of pre-packaged food
- A negative impact on careers
- Active buying behaviour
- will cause an increase in manufactured goods
- causes stress within families
- is a purely positive aspect of consumer behaviour
- What does the speaker recommend for the future?
- Buy what is available
- Educating companies about sustainable production
- Purchase in moderation
Show All correct answers
Once you have finished, check your answers then move on Section 3.