Free IELTS listening test 2 Section 3Advertisement
Note: all of the question types, timings and pauses between recordings in this free online IELTS listening test are EXACTLY what you can expect in the IELTS test. Our free online material has been designed to emulate the IELTS test as accurately as possible in every aspect.Advertisement
Looking for even more listening practice tests? Our online course has over 10 hours of recordings, and your answers are automatically marked and graded by our online system.
We strongly recommend that you do not pause the recording during this practice test – the exact timing you will have in the IELTS test is already built in, so pausing the recording will not give you an accurate idea of your level.
When you have finished the test, take a note of the number of correct answers you got and move on to Section 4.Advertisement
Questions 21 to 24
Answer the following questions USING NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS AND / OR A NUMBER
21. How long is the radio show?
Show answer1 hour [‘weekly’ is incorrect as this is how often, not how long]
22. What is the general focus of the programme?
Show answerConservation (issues)
23. Where is Professor Ripley from?
Show answer(The) USA
24. According to Professor Ripley, what animals do people most associate with the African bush?
Show answer(Prides of) lions
Questions 25 to 28
Complete the table below using NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR A NUMBER.
|African lions||bush||Estimated to be (25)|
|Tigers||(26)||forests and plains||fewer than (27)|
|Snow leopards||Expansion of (28) ___________||high-altitude pastures|
25. Show answer50,000
26. Show answerHunters/ Hunting
27. Show answer6000
28. Show answerAgriculture
Questions 29 and 30
Circle the appropriate letter A–D.
29. Where is the WWF currently funding projects to help the snow leopard?
- Nepal, Pakistan and Bhutan
- Nepal and Pakistan
- Bhutan and Nepal
- Pakistan and Bhutan
30. Listeners should telephone
- immediately if they want to put forward an opinion
- during the commercial break
- in 10 minutes if they have anything they want to ask the professor
- if they have any information regarding pumas or jaguars.
Show All correct answers
Once you have finished, click ‘Finish quiz’ to check your answers, then move on Section 4.